The ELIH Auxiliary is just as vital today as it was when our doors opened in 1905. Since our hospital’s inception, the Auxiliary has been key to our growth and success. Although many things have changed since then, the dedication of our Auxilians has remained consistent throughout our 115 years of service to the North Fork and Shelter Island communities.
The modern day Auxilians have really upped their fundraising game while still maintaining the integrity and objective of their predecessors. Today, our Auxiliary has over 200 members that support our departments with over 20,000 hours of volunteer support, fundraising events, and the operation of our Corner Shop and Opportunity Shop. This dedication has been recognized in the form of several prestigious awards:
- Named 2013 Auxiliary of the Year by the Health Care Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Named 2017 Best Small Auxiliary by the Health Care Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Awarded the 2016-17 Community Service Award by The North Fork Chamber of Commerce
- Recipients of Peconic Landing’s 2017 Older Americans Champions Award
- ELIH Auxiliary Opportunity Shop Named 2019 Platinum Best Consignment/Thrift Shop by Dan’s Papers “Best of the Best” on the North Fork
Listen to our Volunteer ad on WLNG and WALK Radio by clicking here.
Watch The Suffolk Times' "The Work We Do" featuring Helene V. Fall, ELIH Auxiliary President here.
Applications are available for download below and should be returned by mail or fax. Applications are also available for pick-up in the ELIH Foundation Office, located at 222 Manor Place across the street from SBELIH.
Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital
The ELIH Foundation
201 Manor Place
Greenport, NY 11944
Click the links below to download the necessary paperwork for volunteer applicants that can be submitted by mail or fax:
ELIH Auxiliary Executive Board
Helene V. Fall, President
Lynda Biedermann, First Vice President
Iris Begora, Treasurer
Margaret Brown, Recording Secretary
Nora Busch, Corresponding Secretary
Vickie DeFriest, Chair, Advocacy
Nora Busch, Chair, Nominating
Bobbie Rubenstein, Archivist
Helene V. Fall, Chair, Car Raffle
Fran Murphy, Co-Chair, Car Raffle
Mary Ann Heitzig, Timekeeper
Mary Ellen Connors, Timekeeper