Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital provides the highest quality imaging and diagnostic accuracy in the North Fork. After extensive review, we have an accreditation from the American College of Radiology.
Home to advanced diagnostic imaging services, with a new Siemens MAGNETOM Altea 1.5T with BioMatrix Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) system, state-of-the-art bone mineral densitometry screening system, and the DRX-Excel Plus, a unique, high-quality imaging machine. SBELIH is also home to 3D tomosynthesis mammography to provide earlier cancer detection, fewer false positives, and fewer follow-up tests. Our tomosynthesis system is also equipped with a “soft touch” pad for more comfortable mammograms.
- Bone Mineral Densitometry (BMD)
- 3D Tomosynthesis Mammography
- 128-Slice Computerized Axial Tomography (CT) Scanner
- 1.5 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- MRI with Sedation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Digital Radiography (X-ray)
The SBELIH laboratory is accredited by The Joint Commission in recognition of its overall excellence and adherence to safety standards. The on-site evaluation and accreditation process is designed to ensure the highest level of care for all laboratory patients. Inspectors examine the laboratory’s records and quality control of procedures for the preceding two years and also examine laboratory staff qualifications, equipment, facilities, safety program and record, and overall management.
- Outpatient testing is available Mon-Fri 7:30 am to 9:30 am. Walk-ins are welcome until 4 pm.
- We are CLOSED on Saturday and Sunday and most major holidays.
- General Chemistry Hematology: Electrolyte levels, Glucose levels, Liver enzymes, Cardiac markers, Thyroid testing, Hematology (including CBC panel), Tick-borne disease panel
- Influenza Testing
- COVID-19 Testing
- Microbiology Testing
Anthony E. Mitarotondo Jr., MD, ABAR
Diplomate, American Board of Radiology
Edna Kapenhas, MD
Diplomate, American Board of Surgery