Our Sharps Disposal Program is now open on Tuesday’s from 10am to 12pm. You may bring in your sharps to the receiving entrance of the hospital.
- A plastic puncture-proof container with a tight fitting top can be utilized, i.e., screw top plastic laundry detergent container or a plastic bleach container may be used. Glass containers will not be accepted.
- Label the container clearly: “CONTAINS SHARPS”
- Any containers which the hospital feels does not meet the appropriate containment requirements will be refused.
Sharps Safety Links
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC/NIOSH)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
GAO report on costs of safer needle devices
Other Sharps Safety Websites:
- American Nurses Association
- International Safety Center
- Training for the Development of Innovative Control Technologies
- Premier Safety Institute