Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital welcomes visitors to our hospital. To ensure the safety of our patients, staff and visitors, we do require the following.
Each patient is allowed to have two visitors (ages 12 and older) at one time between 11 am and 8 pm, and visitors can switch out throughout the day. Exceptions will be made for visitors of:
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Patients with cognitive impairments, including dementia, that are deemed medically necessary
- Patients in imminent end-of-life situations or who need compassionate care
All visitors are encouraged but no longer required to wear a mask throughout all buildings and facilities of Stony Brook Medicine. Visitors for patients who are COVID-positive must wear a mask at all times while in the patient room. Additionally, visitors will be required to show photo identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification include a driver’s license, passport, green card, government-issued ID and U.S. military ID.
At the end of the visit, all visitors are asked to check out at the designated visitor kiosks in the hospital lobby to allow for the next visitor to come to the unit.
Additional Visitor Guidelines:
- Behavioral Health: For visitors to any behavioral health unit, patient will identify a visitor and a release will be obtained prior to visit. Only 1 visitor per patient on the unit at any given time.
- 2 North and ICU: General Visits for the medical/surgical unit and ICU/CCU (2 North and ICU) are from 1:00pm – 8:00pm. Visitor for 2 North and ICU patients must remain in the patient room at all times.
- Psych: Psychiatry unit visits will be scheduled prior to visit and reserved for one hour each day from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Visitor for psychiatry patients must remain in the designated visitation area at all times.
- Quannacut Rehab: Addiction Rehab unit (Quannacut Rehab) visits will be scheduled prior to visit and reserved for Sundays from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm and Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Visitors for Quannacut must remain in the designated visitation area at all times.
- Detox: No visitation, except in special circumstances.
- Emergency Department: One visitor per patient in the Emergency Department at the discretion of the Supervisor and ED. ED visitors (only1 per patient and maintaining social distancing) can use the ED waiting room.
At this time, we are not accepting deliveries for patients. This includes deliveries from local florists, Amazon and UPS to name a few.
When visiting patients, visitors are allowed to bring items, such as Mylar balloons (we do not allow latex balloons) or floral arrangements (we do not allow potted plants). In most areas of the hospital, these items are permissible except for our intensive care units (ICUs) and/or if the patient has a restriction based on their treatment or diagnosis. Before the visit, visitors should check with unit staff to ensure the patient is permitted to have items brought to their room.
Thank you for your support in helping us to provide a safe and healing environment for everyone.