Procedures at SBELIH include:
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Hand & Micro-vascular Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Breast Surgery-Reconstruction/Augmentation
- Face & Eyelid Surgery/Nose Reshaping
- Scar Revision/Birthmark Removals
- Body Contouring/Liposuction
Patients often need emergency plastic surgery. Reconstructive plastic surgery is often performed to correct congenital abnormalities such as cleft lip or cleft palate, facial bone fractures, tumors, or to compensate for tissue removed in cancer.
Plastic surgery procedures include both cosmetic enhancements as well as functionally reconstructive operations. In the former case, where aesthetics are considered more important than functionality, plastic surgery is sometimes referred to as cosmetic surgery. Most procedures involve both aesthetic and functional elements.
Judy Ann Emanuele, MD, FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Surgery
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow American College of Surgeons
Riverhead, (631) 369-0490