Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital continues to work in conjunction with Stony Brook Medicine and Stony Brook Southampton Hospital to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) coronavirus guidelines. As always, the health and safety of both our patients and staff remains our top priority.
Since our last update, we have:
- Begun internally testing all inpatient admissions
- Reopened our 10-bed acute Detoxification unit
We continue to:
- Treat COVID-19 patients on 2 North with dedicated staff
- Treat patients who require care unrelated to COVID-19 in the 9-bed “clean” unit we have set up in our Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU)
- Redeploy staff to support COVID efforts within the hospital
- Follow our Revised Visitor Policy
As you know, New York remains on PAUSE through May 15. According to Governor Cuomo, all New Yorkers must wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible. We also continue to encourage you to regularly review and adhere to the guidelines being issued by the CDC and NYS DOH.
All staff in all departments are working diligently to safely perform their jobs and care for our patients. We thank you for your continued cooperation and support during this time.