In conjunction with New York State’s Bed Surge Capacity Expansion, Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital has identified and repurposed space within the hospital to accommodate the following:
A discreet 14-bed COVID-19 unit with dedicated staff
- A 9-bed “clean” unit for all patients who require care unrelated to COVID-19 has now been set up in our Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU)
We continue to:
- Redeploy staff to support COVID efforts within the hospital
- Follow our Revised Visitor Policy
- Keep Physical Therapy at the Gladys Brooks Center in Southold location operating for those who require essential outpatient physical therapy
- Keep Quannacut Outpatient Services operating both in person and via telemedicine. Please do not hesitate to seek help during this challenging time for us all. Call (631) 369-8966 for more information. We’re not just changing lives—we’re saving them.
We are planning to:
- Increase COVID-19 patient capacity with an additional 17 beds
Many thanks to our front line and behind-the-line heroes that make up our extraordinary hospital staff and our incredible community that has been supporting us every step of the way during this unprecedented time. It truly takes a village!